Sunday, November 7, 2010


Well, here it is my first blog, and it's about time. I've wanted to do this for quite some time, but I kept putting it off; life has a way sometimes of getting in the way. Tonight I finally take the first step in introducing myself to the world, "Hi World, it's me, artist Dave Hoover." There's only one way to start this thing off right, and that's by first showing a recent drawing of my favorite character of all time, Tarzan, created by Edgar Rice Burroughs, as seen above. I did the drawing with a brown Col-Erase pencil, one of my favorite drawing tools.
The second piece I'll show is one of my most recent works seen below, a mixed media piece featuring Dejah Thoris from the John Carter novels, also written by Burroughs. I say mixed media because I started with a pencilled and inked drawing, colored it with colored pencils, scanned it, and did a bit of touching up with Adobe Photoshop.

One of my main reasons for starting this blog is to give myself a forum for showcasing my work to the world, and also talking about it. I don't have a lot to say, and for the most part I'll let my art do my talking for me, but there are many subjects which interest me, and this page will give me a forum for the discussion of any and all things which might happen to be on my mind.
Stay tuned!

No comments: