Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Figure Drawing and Life Drawing

 I just love life drawing, and I always will.  There's nothing better than having a great looking nude model pose for you while you draw.  Of course nude models aren't always so great to look at, but even then it can be fun.  I've been teaching at the Art Institute of Philadelphia for almost 12 years now, and I've seen the same models time and time again, and at times it's a challenge to want to draw them, especially if they're in there 70's.  About two years ago I took an online figure drawing class, and we were allowed to use photos.  I finally had at my disposal all the best looking models possible, and I haven't looked back since.  All of the drawings posted here were done using photos as reference.









3 comments:

Drag00n said...

How much did you pay the great looking models? The models my school gets are paid 15 per hr. I'm guessing the better the models, the more expensive?

Unknown said...

I really like your art style. I am trying to discover mine and have been trying to pick up my old hobby of drawing and painting recently.

Unknown said...

Dave, are you on instagram? I want to follow you. Also, have you ever illustrated any comics or graphic novels?